I n Riaan’s brand design approach he works with a Client to find or create the interiority of the brand sphere. All visual communication serves as signifiers to the inside of the brand sphere. The interiority or emotional substance of a brand in this design approach can be discovered by means of the unique value proposition, the brand promise, or any other qualitative and quantitative criteria of a given brand; all of which are covered by the brand design questionnaire.
Brand design elements can consist of brand name design, logo design, business card design, letterhead design, and/or email signature design.
Personal and New Venture Brand Design
Brand Design Process
- The Client express interest in certain brand identity elements through the Enquiries page on this website.
- Riaan sends a Brand Design Questionnaire which the Client potentially complete and submit.
- Riaan asks questions based on the questionnaire and sends a quote for approval.
- On approval of the quote, Riaan sends an invoice on the deposit.
- Once the deposit has been paid Riaan starts by working on a mood board, typography exploration, form language ideation, symbolism research, concept sketches and concept designs.
- The concepts are presented to the Client and a look and feel are decided upon.
- Based on the selected look and feel Riaan develops a few variations.
- The concepts are presented to the Client.
- The Client decides on a design concept and gives design recommendations.
- Riaan discusses and potentially integrate the design recommendations and sends the design back to the Client.
- The Client and Riaan go through a reasonable number of iterative steps to refine the brand identity until the brand visual identity material is finalised.
- Riaan sends the invoice for the remaining amount.
- Riaan hands over the final design(s).